Thursday, March 7, 2019

DEATHSTROKE COVERED: Dave Johnson Gets His Sterenko On Again for Deathstroke (2016) #41 Variant... And It Is AWESOME!

I know I just posted a DEATHSTROKE COVERED feature a few days ago, (I normally like to put a week or two between feature posts) but I just read Deathstroke (2016) #41, got my unworthy eyes full of Dave Johnson's groovy variant cover, and just couldn't wait to share it. This neon head trip of a cover is a spiritual companion piece to Johnson's Grateful Dead-inspired variant for issue #40, which was spotlighted in a previous DEATHSTROKE COVERED post. Johnson's newest variant evokes both the imagery of a James Bond film's opening montage and a Jim Sterenko Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. cover simultaneously. Johnson's newest psychedelic variant is posted below both with and without title graphics.