Friday, April 5, 2019

Deathstroke Trades the Ikon Suit For Pink Bunny Slippers, And It's AWESOME!!!

This post will be short and (too) sweet. Deadpool comics get lauded for their (supposed) humor, but the image posted below from Deathstroke (2016) #42, (the second part of the Terminus Agenda) written by Christopher Priest and penciled by Carlo Pagulayan, made me laugh so hard that my eyes watered when I first saw it. I'm not going to give any story details for fear of spoiling an arc in-progress but given Priest's penchant for multi-level storytelling, the overall tone of the issue, and the characters involved in the scene below, this panel hit the target hard as both irony-laden sight gag and sinister, next-level mind-game. I mean, pink bunny slippers? But hey, Slade can make almost anything work.

Not your typical slumber party guest making himself feel a little too
at home.
Art by Carlo Pagulayan